12/11/2005

The week gone by




What a busy week. I shall focus only on the good for this post!
During the week we had TLOMLs cousins drop by, for a short visit. Although a short visit it was an enjoyable one none the less!
After that we went to Ikea to pick up some Christmas stuff with Mum, Alison and the 3 kids. I was a little disappointed with Ikea’s Christmas stuff I found it pretty poor in relation to what they normally have, so we did not pick up a live tree as all the live trees looked terrible. We left Ikea and popped down to the John Littles sale at the Singapore expo, I got lots of new stuff (thanks honey) although they too had a drought of Christmas goodies. All in all I enjoyed our little outing although it may have run abit long. We were really tired by the time we got home.
Saturday was the return of the sisters day and after work I went to mummy’s house for lunch, My sister Jocelyn and hubby Scott had arrived at some ungodly hour of the morning after an 18hr flight! I can barely take 1hr on the bus! The horror the horror. After a pleasant lunch I made my way to bedok res where Tuffy and her beau Jamie were(along with another lovely meal), for those that don’t know Tuffy is TLOML’s sister. ( I shall not blog too much on these two arrivals as my wife and sister shall be doing it all)
Today was a really long day for some reason or other I woke up at 530, looked out my window and saw it was raining. Terrific a nice morning of photography (at kahtib bongsu) was cancelled or rather delayed with an sms to Philip. I tried to get back to sleep. It was not to be, there was no second wind and I tried a bit of reading and wondered around my empty home(TLOML and fatty were staying and the doomil mansion) till around 730 when the rain had slowed to a drizzle and off we went. Philip got some good shots of kingfishers with his new zoom lense while I sat and watched ….sigh for a 300mm my kingdom for a 300mm . Not much in the way for other bird life but kahtib bongsu is an interesting place to go to. I am sure I will make a return trek.
Once again we went back to my mums house for a great pepper crab lunch, and of course they decided to play scrabble….i politely declined to participate and helped out from the sidelines…it was a lot safer. Anyway just a simple post with lots of pics today…maybe I will elaborate tomorrow . (All pics are reduced to around 25% of the original size. Typos should be forwarded to bill gates care of mircosoft)

1 comment:

Alison Simon said...

Good entry Edward!!! love the pictures.