1/02/2006

Stalking The Sun......



Philip and i were stalking the sun in more ways then one today. We went to the Mandai Orchird Garden again this morning to try and photograph some sun birds, both the Olive backed and Crimson variety. I took almost 300 pictures and was very excited to see the shots on the big screen but alas i was to be disappointed. While my composition of the subjects was OK, i used a faster iso to compensate for the poor lighting conditions and this is where things when wrong. The pictures came out grainy to my disappoint. I am fairly happy with the performance of my new sigma lense though, it handled well and was pretty ok even at 300mm. Anyhow looks like i shall make a return trip to the Mandai Orchid Garden!
By the way check out the way the lizards clr changes in the pics..


All pics have been cropped and resized(reduced) .








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cant seem to notice the grainy part of the pic's BIL. it looks good to me, worth the trip eh ???

doomed_troll said...

Yeha definately worth the trip but i had to reduce the size of the pics..full size and u would notice the grains

Anonymous said...

nice pics there... Wish i was there...

Alison Simon said...

The pictures came out very well. The red bird is so striking!!! Ok la, it's worth the trip..... How the heck do you upload so many pictures so easily??? I think blogger doesn't like me.