1/04/2006

More of the same.........


You better belive it, more sunbirds...a little mynah told me that my blog is getting boring with all these birds! Anway today i tried soemthing different. I kept my lense to 200mm not to the maximum of 300mm as i did some research and found out that most of these non "l" lense have a bit of softening at the maximum focal length..i kept the aperture wide and the iso to 200 even though the sky was overcast but i did though a bit of flash in there to try and lighten up some detail of the bird. Shutter Speed was 1/80. I am only having trouble sorting out my metering but i think that will come in time. The ones with the close up of the bird are not resized, only cropped. The picture with abit of the tree is cropped and reduced in size so that you can have an idea of the working conditions.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh iam jealous now....are u working or what????????

great pic's bro in law, very sharp pic of the sunbirds, maybe i should start upgrading my camera....

doomed_troll said...

lol yes i am working! I spotted this fella while i was on my way to the clubhouse, so i dashed back set up my whole system and dashed back hoping the little bugger would stay there. And he did!I still need to do some adjusments to my settings to get the most out of the camera and lense but i am working on it!! ..........
I cant comment on the upgrading issue..i have been told to be silent! but i think your camera can do some great things its just a question of how! your zoom is longer then my telephoto!

Alison Simon said...

more yellow birds, very nice. I prefer them to the red, birds that is; picture taking doesn't bother me... ha ha. keep making philip jealous!!!!! he buy, i fly...

doomed_troll said...

looking at them on my home pc i am not so impressed as i was in the office.

Anonymous said...

Great pics there... u were far from the bird izzit?

doomed_troll said...

not that far, its a really small bird

Tempest23 said...

Nice pics honey! Glad to see that you and bro in law are spending your time properly!