7/09/2010

10yrs on.

Its just a thought, how different things would be if you were still here. Its been 10yrs. I remember the call that Sunday morning to say you had gone. I remember claiming you as my family and giving you the send off you deserve. I remember our last conversation, I was at the botanical gardens, i rememeber the exact spot i stood. I remember your laugh and the way you gave all you had to us. I remember long drives in your car, plane trips and hotel stays. I remember monday mornings when you would make breakfast for us. I remember our fights. I remember your gin and tonics and you standing by me when i lost my father. You got there before the ambulance did. I missed you at my wedding and the birth of my children, i miss you at easter and christmas. I remember your search for that perfect cup of coffee, i remember everything. 10yrs on, it hurts just as bad as that sunday you left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Edward,

Losing someone dear to us is so painful even after many years

D