5/26/2009

Freedom of the moment.

I was wondering why I like cycling or rather trail cycling. I think its that element of freedom and i don't mean the hands extended wind in your hair type freedom ,i am talking about the freedom that comes when you are so focused on something that everything else fades away and for that moment there is just you and the trail. Its very much like photography, your so focused on your subject that all else fades away at least for awhile. I am not saying i have the weight of the world on my shoulders but the satisfaction from coming away from the trail successfully and being so focused simply because it is dangerous is very gratifying. Its a form of escapism i guess like people who drink to drown out their humdrum or dramatic lives. People who hide in movies or people who live withing the covers of books.
Look for the "freedom moments"in your life i am sure they are there.

No comments: