4/23/2006

What a difference a day makes.

33 thats just a number like any other but for me, today, its my age for the next 12months. How do i feel? i dont rightfully know, though i do know i am no gazelle now, more of a water buffalo inside i feel 16. The things that excited me then still excite me now, camping with my boys, playing with them laughing like 8yr olds without a care in the world and damn the stares . Some things excite me more now then they ever could have 17yrs ago ..i married the girl of my dreams my childhood sweetheart who tries so hard to make me happy, we have a beautiful home we got the dog and we have a little bundle of joy on the way, problems? cheh of course we got problems, in the fairy tale i was supposed to be flushed with cash and was able to give my family all they desired but alas i live in this world and not in a fairyland. . I often wonder what my father would say, how he would be so proud that i married Mischa, how he would play with my "on the way" daughter, how he would probably tell me to tuck my shirt in and stop walking round like a loafer, today of all days i wish i could hear his voice even if he said "lets clean the storeroom" but once again such is life and i am left with memories.
I often think back to our house in opera estate and feel abit sad that my family is scattered across thousands of miles and how even when we are together we seem so far apart, maybe its the knowledge that we will all go back to our homes and that we throw ourselves into our own lives that make it s so easy to forget everyone else. IS there more i could do? of course there is i could call more often or write but that 4 letter word "lazy" creeps in and i always think that will be tomorrow but someday tomorrow will be too late. So that is my BIRTHDAY resolution that i will try harder.
i dont like celebrating my birthdays, not cause of getting older but because i will forever tie my birthday to my dad who passed away suddenly 3 days after one of my birthdays. but if i can have my family with me then sorrow will pass into the night.
When my daughter is born the next phase of my life begins where i forever will be responsible for this little life, where i will become the daddy...i hope i have a little of my father in me so i dont get lost along the way.


Suddenly i realise that this post might seem depressing so i shall snap back into what is the regular flavoured edward and tell you something that makes me feel all is well with the world. AS i type this my wife is fast as asleep, we watched James Bond-Moonraker together which i love, my puppy is sitting on the desk snoring away, Kenny G( yes i am a fan) is playing in the background and on the chair in front of me are bags upon bags of baby clothes, now you tell me how you cant be content with such a life. MY cup of life isnt just half full, its half full of coke. :)

My two cents for the day.
We shall walk in the sun and save the shadows for rest, for in the warmth of the sun and you by my side i can face anything.
Holding hands is better then ice cream

5 comments:

SHERWiN said...

Nice one buddy. Happie birthday you old coot!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to be the best father you can be for the little princess. I seriously can't wait to see a pic of the princess in the future. I love all the pics you posted up, especially family gathering pictures!! What a unique mix; totally represent how a Singapore family should be! Haha..
Oh, and Happy Birthday!! Many many Many more good memories to collect. Cheers!!
P.S. I'm tuffy's friend's gf, hehehe.

Tempest23 said...

Love you honey! Hated moonraker!

deb said...

Happy Birthday Eddy Edster! It was a good post! You'll be a great daddy!

doomed_troll said...

Come on moonraker was so campy you had to love it! Roger moore had a twinkle in his eye the whole show almost as if he was going to burst out laughing!
Thanks for the wishes everyone! and nice to see a new "face" michelle!