7/18/2009

Kampung Glam



Kandahar, Baghdad, Muscat and Arab Street no i have not gone to the middle east only as far as Kampung Glam (Gelam which is a type of tree) where these are just some of the colourful street names. This semi restored area fascinates me and i have gone there several times to take pictures as well as to hit the coffee shops, there is a flavour in the area that i just cant seem to catch with my trusty camera if you ask me to describe the taste of the place it would be simply Masala Tea.





Flanked on two ends by the Gold Domed (where the Golden for the golden landmark hotel gets its name) Sultan Mosque and the beautiful blue tiled Malabar Mosque its the bits between that make this area a cultural landmark


Some of the old shophouse's have yet to be "restored". Above you can see the typically long buildings





Its still a very much lived in area, not just for tourist and locals to chill.
h


I snuck into an abandoned building to take a look.

Below, the exterior of the building

T

Above one of my fav shots of the day. I think it would make for a good caption contest.

:) figure it out.


Below some tiling work on one of the buildings.

And last of all my shot of the day.

ok so i lied there was one more

No comments: