2/08/2007

Thursday.

Its common name is "painted gum" and the first time i saw it years ago i felt that it was the canvas for a pastel loving artist. You cant look at it and not be moved by its beauty of which the natural world abounds from the soft iridescent wings of a butterfly to the scaly scared hide of a monitor lizard, nature is full of beauty all we have to do is look. So today i share with you a thing of beauty.
In the background my office.
I took two very similar pictures one in colour and one in black and white, the colour pictures to me shows how vibrant and vivid the different shades of green are. The black and white i feel draws out a more textured feel to the image.

Someone told me today that they admired me for my optimism, i have always felt i was more of a realist and the realist in me says that you cant find something beautiful everyday, the optimist in me says I can and the pessimist in me says you may be able to find something beautiful everyday but you wont want to photograph it cause you wont be in the mood. So what i propose to do is this i shall try and take a picture of something i find beautiful everyday for the next 30days, be it natural or man made there are no rules to beauty. . Of course i will still do my regular nonsense blogs but this is a little side project to see which of the 3 "ist" shall prevail.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

the black and white picture makes the place realli looks old.. nice shotz..