2/12/2007

Day 4

Day 4 saw me taking stroll from my office to Katong Park which is a short 5min walk. My daily look through the view finder of my camera showed me beauty aplenty as always and i really did not have to look very hard to find things which appealed to me, the difficult part is always taking the picture, composing the shot and adjusting the settings till that little sigh of satisfaction is allowed to escape ,y mouth only to be replaced with a sharp intake of breath and a curse when i see my poor attempt at capturing the beauty of the natural world...but i love it, i love trying, failing and trying again i love the whole idea of trying to freeze a moment in time maybe its a Peter Pan complex i don't know but i do know that i derive tremendous joy from this hobby of mine, and on day 4 i am well pleased by with work(such a horrid word i know but used in a positive manner here). The question i get alot is "what were you supposed to be taking a picture of?" Well my version of photography is just that my version, i take what i find beautiful i take what i find has the potential to move me in anyway be it the joy of photographing my daughter or the pleasure in photography animals or even the desire to try and do something different for anything else i have done like trying to photograph the void deck of a block of flats. So i will muddle along and hope that i don't confuse to many people with the photographs i post and maybe just maybe i might have taken something that moves someone else in a similar way, if not cest la vie.
In the first picture, which is of a frangi pani tree, i felt the light filtering through the confused jumble of branches was a very interesting pattern if that is the right word to use. The blue sky contrasted nicely i felt with the darkened branches.
Above, a nail driven hard into the tree, i wouldnt know where to begin explaning what I see when i look at this image.
This gnarly tree really requires more patience to photograph and i reckon i may spend more time trying to capture a good image the next time. I couldnt decide between the above and below photograph so i have posted both..

And so day 4 on my little quest ends.
if you have noticed any typo's or gramatical errors do write them down and when i am reborn i will promise to work harder in school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the tree, Edward. Glad to hear you have a park nearby. So nice.