6/19/2006

Happy Fathers DAY

Today is my first fathers day as a father, last year we only had pepper and that really didnt count. A nice dinner was organzied by tloml, tuff and jamie for the doo and me, hot dogs galore!

I was trying to think if i felt different being a father, i guess i do and i dont..i do cause there is alot more responisblity with being a father now, and sacrifices have to be made by both tloml and i however i cant realyl call them sacrifices as we are giving up all the little good things we enjoy like the freedom to just go out or take a long nap or travel(for now) in exchange for a child that we love more and more with each day. I did not of course think its possible to feel like this before she was born but I AM A FATHER and i am going to get a real kick out of hearing Caitlin calling me Daddy for the first time! AS new parents everything and everyday something new happens sometimes its a joy and sometimes it does feel like a hard struggle esp when at 2 in the morning she doesnt want to sleep and i have work the next day! but the good outweighs the "not so good" i wont say bad cause there really isnt any bad in this context!
Some day i shall write about what kind of father my dad was too me, someday.
for now all i can say is HAPPY FATHERS DAY.
The pic i have loaded on this page should actually have been for mothers day but me being me i didnt take any pictures of fathers lol .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what do mummy and i have to do with father's day?? you're a meanie for putting up that picture. i shall retaliate very soon.....lol!

doomed_troll said...

i thought it was a lovely picture. and u didnt read my post if u dont know what u are doing there! and if u want a war i must remind u that i have no shame. and have been taking picturs alot longer then you!!!

Anonymous said...

ok so i re-read your post and now i know why. still the war must go on and a battle has to be won.... by me.

SHERWiN said...

i can't believe you both are fighting over PICTURES!!!