6/29/2005

Hmm


I figured that since this is my first day blogging and i am flushed with the first rush of excitement that accompanies a new toy i will most probably be posting more than once a day over the next few days.

I was having dinner at my mums place last night and while flipping through some old phote albums i came across some pictures the boys and i took about 5 years ago on Sisters Island on one of our camping trips there.
The pic above as you will agree is not the best photograph in the world, but it appeals to me, from left to right Raju aka Gerald, Frodo aka Aaron, Dominic, Me, Sherwin and Malcom. Out of the 6 in the picture only 3 of us still hang together, i guess time is the ultimate test of friendship and although it doesnt mean that in the future we wont be friends it still means that right now what was a pretty tight group is fractured.

It was already a pretty dreary night, it was a farewell dinner for my sister and her kids who were leaving today for Japan and who knows when they will be back. Its also that time of the month when all bills are due so instead of being happy i got paid i am concerned if its enough to pay all my bills. Coming across the pics sort of reminded me of what is good in my life and what gives me joy, got a great wife, great family, great dog, great friends, great house, great cigars to smoke and although i will confess it didnt remove my concerns completly it did make me feel better.