6/30/2005

A conversation on love

I was talkign to an old friend about love the other day and we both historically belive that love conquers all. She was telling me that she is concerned with what is happening to the world around us and the fact that in the modern world the permancy of love does not seem to be eternal anymore, it seems that love is a temporary thing.
This whole conversation which i must point out has been going on with my friend over the past few years has lead me to thinking alot about what i feel love is. My conclusion is that I DONT KNOW, if you ask me why i love my wife i cant tell you i can only say it feels good and right, i have heard people say i love you to their significant other and the next week they have broken off and 3 days later they are with other people, was it love? They say it was.."I loved him but he changed" or my personal fav for the great breakup excuse " love wasnt enough". I think in cases like this, it wasnt "true love" we may have thought it was but its not, love doesnt change, love doesnt die it is a spring that flows forever in the ever changing landscape of life. I say i love my wife, do i mean it of course i do but how do i know it if is true love, well i firmly belive that we dont know for sure until we die and it is only than that we know yes ...good lord that really was love. I have known couples married for 30yrs who get divorced 30yrs man oh man and they claim to have loved each other for most of that time and now they dont even speak, people and that includes me speak more often of the dimise of a relationship that the success of one, we never have hour long conversations about couples who have been married for a long time but we cant wait to talk about couples that break up, it seems more fun, which leads me to belive although more people are getting divorced these days, fewer people are making a serious commitment to each other these days, love will conquer all in the end. So my friend ( you know who you are) and you are feeling worried or depressed and alone, dont because though you are physcially alone in spirit you are standign in room full of friends.