11/06/2010

Bake us the bread!


I have always wanted to bake my own bread, for years i quietly had this little dream . I have always found it intimidating , lots of time to let the bread rise and stuff. The other day i went for a bbq and had the most amazing bread baked by Tlomys cousin and she inspired me to try. 1 big difference though i pinched my Sisters breadmaking machine for my first loaf. Things were going well until something tripped the power in my house and the machine shut off, forcing me to move the loaf to our oven. It turned out pretty well in the end, crusty (very crusty) and full flavoured all in all a good tasting rye loaf. NEXT i will try without the machine and see how that goes!

7 comments:

Jeana said...

looks good! Eh try olive bread... yummmm

Jeana said...

looks good! Eh try olive bread... yummmm

doomed_troll said...

olive bread shall go on the list! along with onion loaf, a cider loaf and whatever else takes my fancy!

Anonymous said...

Im hungry for your bread, sent us some.
love sister pat

baggins said...

hmm...bread..

Anonymous said...

Edward,

Wow that's great Edward, looks yummy, olive bread sounds good.

D

Anonymous said...

Looks alright ah :) Finally it's being put to use! Looking forward to testing & tasting! - Aly