8/17/2010

Have wheels will travel. YOG

So i went for my first Olympic event, ever. Ok so some people feel its just the Youth Olympics but i tell you what these kids (all under 18) really pushed themselves and gave us a good show. Went with my nephew Philp, My father in law aka the Doo, Sherwin, Lawrence and Arron. I think they all enjoyed themselves as much as i did. One thing that bugged me was the poor attendance, mostly school kids who were bused in. I think if more people in tampines knew this was going on on their door step it would have been a much better crowd. I think in that respect these kids deserved better.

Top 3 of the Mens Jr Finals.
Theis guy, in black and white is my hero, on the second last lap his left foot pedal fell off. He didnt give up, he carried on riding using only 1 pedal. When he came to the hill section and technical areas he carried his bike and ran. He finished 23rd out of 33 starters and was the last to finish on the same lap as the winners. He should be proud of himself.

The weather took its toll on the riders, the heat of the noon day sun made extra hard to race full tilt.
After 7 laps and around 21.7km in the mid day heat, this guy brought the crowd to its feet and a smile to everyones faces.
Above the winner










The Ladies Jr top 3.



The pictures are rubbish lol but hey who cares.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love e pics! So nice and clear like frm a magazine! Was it fun?

y2jphilip said...

BEautiful pics uncle..I shall upload mine to..thanks for taking me:)it was fun!

Tuff said...

Whether it's just Youth or not, that rider displayed true Olympic spirit by finishing the race with only one pedal.

doomed_troll said...

It was alot of fun Megs! Thanks for your kind comments.
Yeah Phil, you got some nice shots on your phone!
Tuff..it was an olympic moment if ever there was one.

raven said...

Wow nice. Looks awesome and exciting. wish i could have been there haha.