10/30/2009

Coffee tonight 930.

I wonder if the art of conversation is dying and by conversation I mean face to face, reach out and tocuh kinda stuff. With so many avenues to communicate with such as facebook, blogs, text messaging, mobile phones, house phones, email, fax, msn, twitter and a host of others, is face to face conversation passe as it were. ( ironic that i am blogging about it eh)
I see people walking together in silence, people eating at the same table but not so much as a look to acknowledge another. I have sat with people who talk not converse, who switch off not listen and who have nothing to say but blah blah blah. I like to talk, i like to listen I enjoy a good debate if the intent is not to hurt I love to talk about topics that interest me of course but if i see passion from you about anything I will gladly listen. I love free flowing ,freewheeling chats that can start at apple pie and end at the fall of the roman empire. I love to watch my friends talk with each other, I love to see them converse, laugh, be serious, be sad, be happy all the things that can come from the simplest conversation. While we all spend alot of time online, we also make sure we meet face to face as often as we can because the shades of life cannot be seen on any plasma or lcd screen.

In our group if someone sends an sms that says coffee 930 it generally means a meet up, it also means 90% of the time there will be no coffee, well lets make that 99% of the time. What there will be is, grumbling, gossip, laughing, music and anything that can be talked about will be discussed until we have nothing to say about it. Mind you my three fav conversation partners are now Tloml with whom i have had epic chats, Caitlin who really makes me giggle and pepper who is a real good listener. So have a coffee, have a chat with a real live person and see if that doesnt make you feel better.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Babies learn how to sms before they even talk

baggins said...

are we having coffee soon?