4/22/2008

10 yrs ago i was 25.

So tomorrow i will be 35. The last real milestone i celebrated in terms of age was my 25th birthday. I never was one for celebrating my birthday, the past few years i always took the day off and went to the zoo, but this year even that seems abit too difficult to do. I always connect my birthday with my fathers passing away, he died on the 26th of April just 3 days after my birthday and for some reason it just sticks in my head that the two are one. This Saturday will be exactly 10yrs since he passed away. If i am unenthusiastic forgive me.
All i want to do is have a cigar in one hand a drink in the other and just chill surrounded by those nearest and dearest.While its my birthday tomorrow, its my father on my mind.
10yrs have come and gone
since that one faitful morn.
9 birthday's you have missed
5 grandchildren you didn't kiss
9 Christmas's come and gone
1 wedding. we played your song.
10 years of missing you
and wondering what Daddy would do
10 years of holding you near
10 years of wishing you were here.

3 comments:

baubles bangles and beads said...

God bless you on your birthday.
I'm sure your daddy's celebrating with you from up there ;)

Cheer up!

tricia said...

Happy Birthday Day To You still a young pup Have a nice birthday and all i can say is light a candle for dad on the 26 april he likes Green Candles.

Anonymous said...

sigh.....