9/16/2007

Of Fireflies, Canines and Pork the other white meat.


Ubin. Popped over to Pulau Ubin for a bbq and an all nighter with the boys on Saturday. Lets not talk about Saturday. MOst of my Saturday was a fiasco.

We had a nice night full of conversation, laugher and even singing and lets not forget the great food auds and aaron did a mighty job preparing our feast with tons of stuff they brought supplemented by things brought by the rest of us we actually did have more food then needed!(to our fire chiefs good job).
I finally knocked off around 5ish after strolling around on the beach, watching the dogs try sneak as close to our site as possible i feel really bad for these dogs, they are really cute and for the most part gentle but its really a dogs life out there i doubt pepper would have laster 1 night.
Sunday morning saw us arise to a Grey dawn, after the clouds wrung themselves dry overhead, a couple of us went round the back to the swamp to try and track wild boar. We were pretty successful having tracked a boar into a thicket but failed to catch a glimpse of the swine. The spooky part was seeing the boars tracks overlap ours(tracks that we had made less then 5mins before) ! I think Mark has been bitten by the boar tracking bug and i am sure we will do this again. Anyhow it was a short night a short camping trip but i like the outdoors so i enjoyed myself. I ALMOST forgot the best bit for me. a firefly visted our campsite and hung around for abit , i will say that this thrilled me no end!While i am still disappointed with what has become of Noordin beach, i find that after going to ubin for almost if not more then 22yrs it still has the capacity to surprise me. I really cant wait till Caitlin can join me, i dunno if she has this bit of me in her blood but i would love for her to give it a go and maybe see a firefly or two.


The Unsual Suspects

At 2 am there was a lull in the conversation so we decided to take some weird pictures.I'd like to stress i had no tripod while taking these pics.
Our Ubin Fighter Series

8 comments:

baggins said...

a great camping trip with great companions and food...

Anonymous said...

I take my hat off to that crazy audrey!
Mischa

Anonymous said...

Ubin fighter series came out very well i must say... Time to do more of this!


Mark

SHERWiN said...

Bloody good pics, buddy. pity i couldn't join you guys n 1 gal.

AdriennePereira said...

I think Caitlin will enjoy it; and yes, i hope too that she gets to experience fireflies.

A salute to Audrey's lovely chicken wings, I say!!

Anonymous said...

very nice photos indeed! ok, may be I might just make a trip with the kids when you go again; but how's the toilet situation?

A.J. said...

It was an awesome trip! It was a good oportunity to get away from assignments and just chill out with lovely, whacky people and enjoy the quiet.

Hey Mischa, when you are loaded with assignments, you pretty much do go crazy!! haha..
Aunty Adrienne, thanks for the compliment, chicken wings for u anytime!

doomed_troll said...

Toilets are nice, clean and safe.
Chicken wings were solid, and very well cooked too! we also had sausages, corn, potutu's, a whole roasted chicken, pork belly what did i forget?