3/10/2007

Mountbatten part 1

If you have been following my blog and i am rather sure you have not, you will note the amount of pleasure i derive from old buildings. Walking along Mountbatten Road, i felt as if i was walking in the toy train sets of my youth a number of the houses look as if they were lifted right out of my memories. I would have liked to have seen these places in their glory days, what a walk that would have been.
There are a few more houses i want to photograph before they become condos or changed in ways i shudder to think about. Don't get me wrong, some of the newer buildings really do lend themselves to beautifying the neighborhood but there are those....those monstrosities of design that remind me that here in Singapore even Phua Chu Kang has his fans.
The first two pictures are of houses in the same compound.
Just lovely. One of the easiest things to forget is that some of these properties where once beach front homes or a skip hop and a jump from the sea. With the wonders of land reclamation they have all lost the sea shore but somehow these buildings are able to retain a relaxed sea front atmosphere about them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those old houses are very beautiful, Edward. I wish I could live in one of those. They've got character.

Anonymous said...

love the land, house; excellent pics!